Skip to main content

Buhari sacks Jonathan’s appointees

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari (AP)
There are indications that President Muhammadu Buhari has finally succumbed to the demands of the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to sack all political appointees appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan, reports Thisday.
The President has approved the sack of no fewer than 35 chief executives and directors-general‎ of some agencies of government.
Some leaders have mounted pressure on Buhari to sack the appointees and replace them with APC loyalists as compensation for their loyalty to the ruling party and contributing to his victory in the 2015presidential election.

The leaders noted that it was as if the President was rewarding members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and punishing APC members.

Prior to granting the request of the APC leaders, Buhari, it was gathered, had resisted pressure for the ouster of some of the heads of parastatals he inherited from, arguing that their tenures had not expired and in some cases is backed by law.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir David Lawal, is expected to announce the removal of the chief executives and directors-general‎ of some agencies of government this week.
As other celebrities around the world were busy spending lovely time with their loved ones and putting smiles on the faces of the less privileged, ex-Big Brother Africa (BBA), star Beverly Osu spent the day taking pictures which she tagged “Sad Post-Valentine”. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Beverly Osu Beverly Osu Beverly Osu, who was dressed in a red thong pant and bra had her pictures taken on the bed and in a bathtub by celebrity photographer, Sunmisola Olorunnisola and had her makeup done by Made Artistry. READ ALSO: Exclusive: It’s Just My Skin- Beverly Osu Beverly posted the pictures via the social media with a small message culled out of her book “Beverly Book of Pose”, it reads: “Don’t tell me you care about me unless you mean it, because I might do something crazy and believe it. Shh…listen don’t you hear I’m crying but they are silent tears I’m crying on the inside so you can’t see all the pain running though me I cry for you, I cry for the times I can’t. I am still here because I’m afraid of being lonely but what difference does it make? Johnny what excuse do you have for not showing up on Valentine’s Day?” Share on Facebook Share on Twitter osu7 READ ALSO: Beverly Osu In Pool With Ex BBA housemate She added that: “I waited, I accepted, I checked my phones, Nepa took the light, I still waited Johnny, I changed twice because I was unsure of‎ how to look for you…everything became unsure, I even became unsure of my principles.” See more pictures below: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Beverly taking pictures in the bathtub Beverly taking pictures in the bathtub Share on Facebook Share on Twitter osu Share on Facebook Share on Twitter osu3 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter osu4 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Beverly Osu striking a sleeping pose in the bathtub Beverly Osu striking a sleeping pose in the bathtub
Read more: https://www.naij.com/730834-sad-valentine-ex-bba-winner-spotted-valentines-day-photos.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Lost' Memories Restored in Mice

In a feat that calls to mind the memory-tweaking technology in the film "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," a team of researchers restored "lost memories" in the brains of mice. The mice in the study were given a drug that prevented them from consolidating a fearful memory. But when neurons involved in encoding the memory were stimulated with pulses of light, the animals were able to retrieve the forgotten recollection. In some forms of amnesia, past memories may not be erased, but may just be inaccessible for recall, said Susumu Tonegawa, director of the RIKEN Brain Science Institute in Japan and co-author of the study, said in a statement. If the findings are confirmed in humans, the knowledge could benefit people who suffer from retrograde amnesia, an inability to recall memories that were made before the amnesia, which is common in traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer's disease and other brain disorders. Scientists have long debated whether retrograde ...

Sale of dried meat banned in Maiduguri

  he Borno Government on Friday banned the sale of dried meat in order to curtail the activities of Boko Haram terrorists currently engaged in cattle rusting to fund their operations. Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno announced the ban at the inauguration of a committee for the management of the Maiduguri Cattle Market in Maiduguri.

Kanye West gets Nigerian backup for his ‘beautiful ideas’

  Access Bank Nigeria have gone on their Twitter handle and announced that they are ready to help fund Kanye West’s ideas. “But I need access to more money in order to bring more beautiful ideas to the world”  the popular American rapper tweeted.